When home care assistance is needed, Veterans can receive it thanks to fellow Veteran Sam Sellers, President of Home Helpers of Little Rock.
Through Home Helpers, Sellers has served hundreds of senior adults – many of which are
veterans – across central Arkansas. While his expertise is with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias, he has a passion for serving fellow veterans.
“As a veteran myself, it’s always a little humbling to be asked to serve a senior adult who might have served during Korea or even World War II,” said Sellers. “Believe me, I’ve heard some absolutely fantastic stories.”
Though Sellers’ agency primarily serves families who pay for services themselves (or have Long Term Care insurance), he is also very familiar with the VA Aid and Attendance pension benefit.
“I don’t want a lack of funds to prevent a veteran from receiving the services he or she needs in order to remain at home. That’s why I get so excited to introduce a family to the Aid and Attendance pension benefit,” Sellers continued.
The Veterans Administration has established qualification criteria for veterans and surviving spouses applying for the Aid and Attendance Pension benefit, including:
- 90 days of more of active duty, with at least one day of service during a wartime period
- Must have a medical condition which requires assistance with activities of daily living that is not related to military service
- Meet income-to-medical expense ratio
- Must meet asset requirement
Sellers has partnered with Veterans Care Coordination because they have greatly simplified the process. Their 8 step process distinguishes Veterans Care Coordination as qualified and compassionate professionals:
- Screen for eligibility
- Obtain original military paperwork
- Collect supporting documentation
- Review completed VA application
- Provide care services
- Provide updates throughout the process
- Assist with any additional VA documentation requirements until VA approval
- Assist with monitoring medical expenses to ensure eligibility
There is no application fee, but Veterans Care Coordination will serve you with the same honor and integrity with which you served our country.
If you or someone you know would benefit from learning more about Veterans Care Coordination, simply complete the short form below and I’ll be in touch as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your service.
Sam Sellers is a combat veteran of both Afghanistan and Iraq where we commanded Special Operations Forces. He was awarded two Bronze Star Medals, both Valorous and Presidential Unit Commendations. And, he enjoys talking with and empowering veterans to remain in their homes.